AWAM is looking for a talented new individual who is passionate about creating a just and equitable society to join our staff!
We would like to invite applications for the following vacancy:
Assistant Programme Officer
Click for full job description and application directions: AWAM Job Adv – APO GBV
1. Liaison Staff (Joint AWAM collaboration)
- Communications and coordination: Coordinate communications with a key partner organisation about AWAM’s work and women’s human rights situation in Malaysia. This includes coordination of joint training activities, and reporting on these activities.
2. Gender-Based Violence work
- GBV Committee: Assist in the coordination of the Gender Based Violence (GBV) Committee, including arrange for meetings and documenting meetings,
- GBV campaigns and events: Assist in the coordination and implementation of GBV campaigns and activities according to plans and budget, including event management, mobilising participation, making logistical arrangements, coordinating evaluations of workshops and following up with participants.
3. Public Education and Training work
- Public Education and Trainings: Assist in coordinating AWAM public education and training activities, including responses to external requests for trainings, contacting resource persons, and making logistical arrangements.
- Assist in the coordination of any other campaigns/events as necessary.
23rd – 25th January 2015
Location: Port Dickson
Registration Form: http://tinyurl.com/afcregistrationform
Katak di bawah tempurung no more! Exploring Feminism in Malaysia
Do you have a stirring to start a conversation about the things we don’t talk enough about? Perhaps its feminism, or equality, or how we treat marginalised members of our society. Whatever it may be, this is one conversation that you want to come to. Bring your issues, concerns and passions.
The RM150 fee includes transport, lodging and meals. Join us for a three-day two-night Feminist Camp as we discuss, talk, laugh, muse, ponder and cry our way through these issues.The fee is RM120 for those without an income.
You can also Sponsor-A-Participant for a pledged amount. We offer financial scholarships on a needs basis for this programme. For those who require financial assistance, please contact Yong Yi at 03 7877 4221 or e-mail training.programs.awam[@]gmail.com.
AWAM’s White Ribbon Campaign Run & Walk is back!
Violence is never a choice a man should make. This campaign aims to bring men and boys together to put an end to violence against women and girls. Join us and make a stand never to commit, condone or be silent when it comes to violence against women and girls today!
Stop the violence, break the silence.
7 December 2014 (Sunday) | 7:30AM (flag off) | Padang Merbok, KL | RM45.00 (registration)
AWAM’s White Ribbon Campaign is back! Want to be part of our Facebook pledge album? Feel free to print out any of the pledges below, take a photo of yourself holding it, and send it in to us! Alternatively, you can also write your own personal pledges!
Join us in our campaign to end violence against women and help share these pledges with all the boys and men in your lives!
Photos can be sent to Evie at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘White Ribbon Campaign Pledges’.
STOPPING THE VIOLENCE, BREAKING THE SILENCE
The All Women’s Action Society (AWAM) invites you to a workshop for men and boys who want to be part of the solution to end violence against women and girls.
The issue of violence against women and girls is a human rights issue that concerns all of us. At the workshop, we will explore the issues surrounding violence against women, and what men and boys can do as White Ribbon Advocates.