Work With Us
AWAM envisions a just, democratic and equitable society where all persons, women especially, are treated with respect, and are free from all forms of violence and discrimination.
We advocate and lobby relevant stakeholders and government through our gender equity and gender-based violence programmes as well as providing legal aid information and counselling to women in crisis.
If you are interested in working in our Services Department involving in organising legal aid information and counselling to the community on gender issues and seeking to gain hands-on experience and great exposure, AWAM is the right place for you.
Responsibilities of the Services Officer
1. To organise, plan, monitor, take charge and manage the Services Department (legal aid information and counselling) in accordance to AWAM’s direction,
values and budget.
2. To assist in developing substantive capacity on the issues that AWAM advocates, to support handling of cases in services, to train new interns, to manage pupils, to provide necessary information for advocacy, to conduct or facilitate talks, workshops, and other public education events for AWAM. 3. To assist and support AWAM’s advocacy work, networking, communications,
and fundraising activities when necessary.
Experience & Qualification:
1. Degree/ Diploma holder, preferably in social work or relevant courses like
humanities and social science.
2. 2-3 years working experiences in related fields
3. Fresh graduates are strongly encouraged to apply
Skills and abilities
-Organising, planning and monitoring skills
-Active listening with strong communication skills. Fluency in English and BM (written
and oral). Other languages would be an advantage.
-Attention to details
All hopeful candidates MUST:
1. Send in your application via Google Form (link below) along with your resume, cover letter and any supporting documents : https://tinyurl.com/AWAMHRServicesForm