AWAM occasionally seeks new talent to join our dynamic and driven team. Candidates who have worked with non-governmental organisations are strongly encouraged to apply. Click on the listings below for detailed information and application instructions. This page will be updated as new positions open up.
We would like to invite applications for the following vacancy. Closing date for applications is July 22nd 2016.
Position: Finance & Admin Officer
Potential candidates should have knowledge and experience of standard employees’ statutory contributions and submissions. They must have a fair understanding and knowledge of regular practices of finance / book-keeping. The person must be people-centred, interested in gender/human and women’s rights issues, be able to work independently and interact easily at all levels.
Responsible for the day-to-day running of the office and ensuring that finance and admin activities are carried out in line with the AWAM’s office guidelines.
1. Provide assistance to the Treasurer in the administration of AWAM funds.
2. Preparing and submitting relevant financial reports and analysis to the Treasurer/ Working Collective/ Finance Committee.
3. Maintain AWAM’s accounts, including proper recording of all financial transactions (book keeping on Microsoft Excel), proper filing of supporting documents and preparation for annual audits.
4. Ensure timely banking-in of all cash and cheques.
5. Ensure timely payment of all bills e.g. statutory payments, salaries, utilities, etc. and ensure there is proper approval for expenditures.
6. Manage the petty cash, bank accounts and fixed deposit accounts.
7. Implement and maintain AWAM’s Financial Guidelines
- Ensure that statutory requirements (e.g., PCB, EPF, SOCSO, Borong E, Borang EA, etc.) are adhered to and submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure the submission of relevant documents to the Registrar of Societies (ROS).
- Ensuring that major organizational events such as the Annual General Meeting and Evaluation and Planning meetings are held on time.
- Disseminating AWAM correspondence (emails, letters and faxes) to relevant parties.
- Ensure proper maintenance and inventory of office equipment and assets.
- Responsible for the day-to-day logistics of the AWAM Centre.
- Assist the Senior Manager and Human Resource Committee in implementing decisions pertaining to office administration and finance.
- Offer administrative support to the different programme areas.
Candidates who have worked with non-governmental organisations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
Please send us:
(1) a resume; and
(2) a cover letter, which includes a short paragraph stating why you want to work with AWAM.
Send the above application by 22nd July 2016 to Lee Wei San, Senior Programme Manager. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Application for position of Finance & Admin Officer. Tel: 03 – 7877 4221 (www.awam.org.my).
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.